I am a 26-year-old mother of one! Born 5 months ago at 9lb3oz, my baby did a number on my body. I know I will never look like my high school self, but that doesn't mean I have to throw the cards in. Being MOMMY doesn't mean I can't be SKINNY! I do love exercise, however, I hate working out. I want to take my baby for a swim or extend my grocery shopping trip to add some more steps but screw the gym! My ideal weight will be attained through my diet: cooking, researching, swapping...here's how I do it!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Day In The Life

A good friend asked what my daily "menu" looks like.  Here's an example of a typical day in the life of my diet...

Oatmeal with raisins!
7 am - My daughter is early to rise, so I eat breakfast early.  I'm usually only in the mood for something small and light.  Oatmeal (1/4 c. raw oats, handful of raisins, sprinkle of cinnamon, 1/2 c. water microwaved for 3 minutes), yogurt, fresh fruit, toast or Bagel Thin with Best Life buttery spread. 

9 or 10 am - I'm ready for a snack now!  A breakfast type snack or saltines is the best.

12 to 2 pm - Lunchtime depends on my daughter's nap schedule.  If I have a late lunch, I might have another small snack in the morning.  I'll make a sandwich (tuna, light lunch meat or hard boiled eggs on bread, as many veggies as I have access to) or heat up leftovers from the night before.

I can't get enough fat free saltines!
2 to 7 pm - Snacks!  If my daughter went down early, I will have two afternoon snacks rather than two in the morning.  My favorite snacks are veggies (carrots, celery, cucumber, tomatoes...), saltines of course, tortilla chips (sadly, I can only eat a few), hard boiled eggs, yogurt.  Sometimes when I want a "treat" I will make another tiny pot of coffee with cinnamon. 

7 pm - Dinnertime is late in our house because my husband works across town til 6.

Sorta fancy, right?!
8 pm to bedtime - Dessert is a must.  My favorite is fat free, sugar free chocolate pudding with a little fat free whipped topping!  Skinny Cow or Weight Watchers ice cream, Skinny Cow candy, 100 Calorie Packs... 

Of course every day in the life of a mom is different!  I eat when I'm hungry, several small meal snacks a day...this keeps my metabolism up.  Skipping meals or crash dieting shocks your metabolism and may be harmful to your diet in the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment