I am a 26-year-old mother of one! Born 5 months ago at 9lb3oz, my baby did a number on my body. I know I will never look like my high school self, but that doesn't mean I have to throw the cards in. Being MOMMY doesn't mean I can't be SKINNY! I do love exercise, however, I hate working out. I want to take my baby for a swim or extend my grocery shopping trip to add some more steps but screw the gym! My ideal weight will be attained through my diet: cooking, researching, swapping...here's how I do it!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Recipe: Roasted Brussels Sprouts

If you don't like Brussels sprouts, try this recipe before you write them off entirely!

I grew up thinking these mini cabbages were evil...my dad HATED them so my mom never cooked them.  My first and only Brussels sprout experience was at a friend's house.  They weren't cooked properly and it gave me the wrong impression of them.  My mother-in-law (who also eats very well) had us over for dinner one night and served these roasted Brussels sprouts.  I generally try to taste things at least once, especially if someone else is cooking for me.  My husband and I both LOVED them and we've made them several times since. 


1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved  
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste.

Preheat oven to 400.

Toss Brussels sprouts in olive oil, salt and pepper.  Place in a single layer in a shallow baking dish (I like glass, it's easier to clean).  Bake for 45 minutes until the sprouts have a good char on them.  Shake the baking dish a couple times during cooking to turn the sprouts.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment