I am a 26-year-old mother of one! Born 5 months ago at 9lb3oz, my baby did a number on my body. I know I will never look like my high school self, but that doesn't mean I have to throw the cards in. Being MOMMY doesn't mean I can't be SKINNY! I do love exercise, however, I hate working out. I want to take my baby for a swim or extend my grocery shopping trip to add some more steps but screw the gym! My ideal weight will be attained through my diet: cooking, researching, swapping...here's how I do it!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ashley Can Eat, Drink & Be Healthy

It's quite apparent that I am dedicated to researching, shopping and cooking things that benefit my health and my waistline.   I love preparing a homemade meal for my husband & myself using fresh ingredients...why should my baby's meal be any different?  She only just started solid foods two weeks ago, so she is far from ready to eat everything we're eating.  However, she is trying one new food a week and I've decided to make all of her foods rather than buy jarred baby food.


My husband and I have decided to be picky with what our baby/toddler/kid eat.  Once she goes to school we can't really ALWAYS control what they eat (classroom parties, "trades" in the cafeteria, etc.), so this is the time for us to not only know exactly what she is eating but also have 100% discretion! Here are some other awesome benefits of Ashley's homemade meals:
  • It saves money.   Wholesome Baby Food says that making her first foods from fresh produce saves $0.23-$0.27 per ounce!
  • It makes us more adventurous! We aren't picky eaters but sometimes we get stuck in the grocery shopping rut...buying the same veggies EVERY week (peas, green beans, spinach).  Now that we have baby food recipes for sweet potatoes, squash, eggplant, turnips, etc, we are looking forward to eating those things, too!
  • I can chose EXACTLY what is in there.  I haven't let Ashley drink water yet (she's under 6 months old, it hasn't even hit 100 degrees yet, and she isn't old enough for sunscreen so we limit our outside time), so I don't want water in her food.  I use my own milk to thin out all of her food.
We keep our pediatrician in the know when it comes to her diet.  I do my own research also...I highly recommend  Wholesome Baby Food to use as a guide and inspiration for your baby's meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment