I am a 26-year-old mother of one! Born 5 months ago at 9lb3oz, my baby did a number on my body. I know I will never look like my high school self, but that doesn't mean I have to throw the cards in. Being MOMMY doesn't mean I can't be SKINNY! I do love exercise, however, I hate working out. I want to take my baby for a swim or extend my grocery shopping trip to add some more steps but screw the gym! My ideal weight will be attained through my diet: cooking, researching, swapping...here's how I do it!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Recipe: Tilapia Baked With Garlic/Herb/Lemon Butter

2 tbsp butter substitute
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
Dash pepper
Pinch dried thyme
Juice of one lemon (I really don't like the lemon-shaped bottle of juice...if I can't get a good lemon, or lime for that matter, I just go without.)
4 tilapia fillets

Preheat oven to 350. 

In a small saucepan, combine butter substitute, garlic, pepper, thyme and lemon juice.  Heat on low until butter is totally melted.  Remove from heat.  Brush a thin layer of melted butter mixture on the bottom of a shallow baking dish (I always use glass).    Arrange the tilapia fillets in the baking dish.  Pour remaining butter evenly over fish. 

Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, until tilapia flakes easily with a fork.  Enjoy!

Note: I served this with fresh corn on the cob and fresh, steamed broccoli!  I'm also going to try this fish recipe on the grill since the weather is getting warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment