I am a 26-year-old mother of one! Born 5 months ago at 9lb3oz, my baby did a number on my body. I know I will never look like my high school self, but that doesn't mean I have to throw the cards in. Being MOMMY doesn't mean I can't be SKINNY! I do love exercise, however, I hate working out. I want to take my baby for a swim or extend my grocery shopping trip to add some more steps but screw the gym! My ideal weight will be attained through my diet: cooking, researching, swapping...here's how I do it!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Can Eat Ice Cream...

I've ALWAYS had an ice cream obsession!  There are ways to eat it and maintain my waistline:

• Opt for a sugar-free, fat-free, or specialty brand.  My favs are Breyer's Fat Free French Vanilla, Skinny Cow Chocolate Fudge Brownie, and Weight Watchers Mint Chocolate Chip.

• Stir in your own toppings to fat free/sugar free vanilla.  Add fresh fruit (berries, mango, bananas, kiwi and grapes are my fav), ground cinnamon, chopped raw  nuts, even sprinkles.

• Use a smaller bowl.  Serving sizes are usually around 1/2 cup...scooped into a regular sized cereal bowl, 1/2 cup looks puny and you might be tempted to scoop more.  If you use a small bowl, or even plastic storage container, your serving size fills it up and it tricks your brain into thinking you're having a big dessert!

How do you cheat the system and enjoy your favorite desserts?!

No comments:

Post a Comment