I am a 26-year-old mother of one! Born 5 months ago at 9lb3oz, my baby did a number on my body. I know I will never look like my high school self, but that doesn't mean I have to throw the cards in. Being MOMMY doesn't mean I can't be SKINNY! I do love exercise, however, I hate working out. I want to take my baby for a swim or extend my grocery shopping trip to add some more steps but screw the gym! My ideal weight will be attained through my diet: cooking, researching, swapping...here's how I do it!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Careful Shopping

Just like fast food, I need to do my research when I grocery shop!  It is easier than fast food, however.  I don't need to research so much in advance since nutrition facts are listed right on the packaging.  I do keep a running list in my cell phone of products I want to try:

My Current List:
  • egg beaters
  • soy milk
  • turnips
  • frozen spinach
  • canned pumpkin
  • butternut squash
I make sure I'm buying products that are low in cals/fat/sodium/sugar and high in fiber/calcium/protien/vitamin D/iron.  It does extend my shopping trip, but it is worth it!

NOTE:  extending your shopping trip even by 30 minutes adds exercise to your day.  The amount of cals burned depends on your weight and your speed, for me it's almost 100 calories.   Not bad for strolling around in the free AC!

No comments:

Post a Comment