I am a 26-year-old mother of one! Born 5 months ago at 9lb3oz, my baby did a number on my body. I know I will never look like my high school self, but that doesn't mean I have to throw the cards in. Being MOMMY doesn't mean I can't be SKINNY! I do love exercise, however, I hate working out. I want to take my baby for a swim or extend my grocery shopping trip to add some more steps but screw the gym! My ideal weight will be attained through my diet: cooking, researching, swapping...here's how I do it!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Serve What You Eat

If there's one thing I remember from my childhood food experiences it's this...if my mom ever offered to make us something other than what she was serving for dinner, my dad would tell her "you're not a short order cook."

He was so right!

I'm not a short order cook either.  I am a mother, a housewife, and a woman on a mission to eat right.  I'm not going to make two meals a night, an Ali batch and a Marsh batch, and I'm not going to give up on this determination...so I'm serving what I eat.  My husband can add salt, butter, hot sauce, etc. to what I made and I certainly don't get offended.  He doesn't look like he did in high school either (mostly because he was a bean pole then) but he doesn't need to lose weight...BUT it never hurts to eat healthier.

If you're having company, there's nothing wrong with, once again, SERVING WHAT YOU EAT.  Don't shop for real butter, fatty meat/cheese, white rice, rolls, white potatoes, etc JUST for your guests.  It's probably not a great idea to try something new, extremely exotic, unusual or unheard of while you have guests.   It is a great idea to introduce the people you care about to healthier and delicious options.

Strawberries & Cool Whip Free! 
For Mother's Day, we hosted a tea party at our house.  We had light snacks and I used ingredients that I can eat, too.   We had strawberries dipped in Cool Whip Free; pears with light cheese on reduced fat crackers.  I didn't mention that we were eating diet options, but I didn't hide it either.  Nobody said "I really miss the calories and fat in these snacks."

NOTE:  Cool Whip Free is an awesome product!  It tastes amazing and turns fruit, jello, etc into a nice desserty snack.  They also have a Lite & Sugar Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment