I am a 26-year-old mother of one! Born 5 months ago at 9lb3oz, my baby did a number on my body. I know I will never look like my high school self, but that doesn't mean I have to throw the cards in. Being MOMMY doesn't mean I can't be SKINNY! I do love exercise, however, I hate working out. I want to take my baby for a swim or extend my grocery shopping trip to add some more steps but screw the gym! My ideal weight will be attained through my diet: cooking, researching, swapping...here's how I do it!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Serving Sizes Are There For A Reason...

How often do you turn over a product, note the calories/fat/sodium/fiber/carbs etc. per serving, take it home and eat a huge heaping serving? Or open a small package of cookies/chips and, since it was small, eat the whole thing?  I used to do that ALL the time.  I realized if I'm going to lose weight and eat what I want, it really is all about portion control!

I've really been paying attention to serving sizes...when I ate my chicken & rice, I measured out the rice.  Or if I do want some chips (corn tortilla chips are all I can have these days, even following the serving size on potato chips is too much fat for me) I count them out!  Reduced Fat Triscuits, I can have 7.  Trader Joe's Stone Ground Tortilla Chips, I can have 13, etc.   Of course, I am picking healthier options, eating mostly fresh ingreds (protiens and produce) and watching my added fats/salts, but I can't avoid ALL packaged foods.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...dieting, being healthy, being skinny takes effort! Research, reading, counting... It's all worth it!

NOTE:  LOTS of popular snack companies have made 100 Calorie Packs!  I LOVE them.  Cheez-It Party Mix, Snackwells, Chips Ahoy, Oreo, Hostess (Twinkies! whaaaat!), etc... they're already measured out, and they're not always a different product, they're just in smaller quantities!

Just a few of the MANY options!

No comments:

Post a Comment